No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake
Say goodbye to your oven this summer and say hello to this pretty no-bake blueberry cheesecake! This cheesecake is so rich, creamy and full of blueberry goodness! The best summer dessert!
10 hours 30 minutes
FOR BLUEBERRY COMPOTE
- 112 g (3/4 cup) Blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 25 g (2 tbsp) granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice, fresh
- 1 tsp Corn flour/Corn starch
- 1 tbsp water to dissolve corn flour
FOR CHEESECAKE CRUST
- 300 g (28 cream biscuits) Oreo Biscuits
- 72 g (5 tbsp) melted unsalted butter
- a pinch of salt
FOR BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE FILLING
- 500 g Full Fat Cream Cheese
- 120 g (about 1 Cup) Icing sugar/powdered sugar, (sifted). Divided
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 200 g White Chocolate, good quality
- 300 g (1 1/4 Cup) Heavy Whipping Cream or Double Cream/Heavy Cream. Divided
FOR BLUEBERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- 100 g White Chocolate
- 50 g (almost 1/4 Cup) Double Cream/Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp - 1 1/2 tsp Freeze-dried Blueberry Powder
- a small drop of Red gel food colour
MAKE THE BLUEBERRY COMPOTE
- Wash the blueberries. Fresh blueberries are the best to use but frozen ones can also go well. If you are using frozen ones, don’t thaw.
- Add the blueberries, sugar and lemon juice into a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat stirring occasionally. Cook the mixture for about 8-10 minutes or until blueberries are mushy and soft and the mixture is slightly thick.
- Mix 1 tsp cornstarch and 1 tbsp water together until all the cornstarch has dissolved. Add into it and cook for a minute or until almost thick glossy sauce with a few chunks of blueberries is ready. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly. Pop it in the fridge to cool completely while you prepare the cheesecake base.
MAKE THE CHEESECAKE CRUST
- Grease and line the bottom and sides of a 9” springform round cake pan with baking paper.
- Crush the Oreo biscuits in a food processor until they are a fine crumb (don’t need to remove the cream). Add melted butter to the cookie crumbs and mix until they are coated well and resemble wet sand.
- Pour the biscuit mixture into the spring form cake pan and spread it out evenly. Press it down firmly using the bottom of a glass. The crust is ready. Pop it in the fridge for one hour to set it completely or in the freezer for 30 minutes while you prepare the cheesecake filling.
MAKE THE BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE FILLING
- Chill the mixing bowl and beater attachment in the fridge for 30 minutes. Pour 1 cup (240 g) of whipping cream (chilled) into the chilled bowl, add in 1/4 cup (30 g) of the icing sugar then beat it at medium speed until stiff peak forms (it will take approximately 2-3 minutes). Avoid overbeating otherwise it will turn into butter. Set aside (a stiff peak means if you turn your bowl upside down, it will not fall out).
- Place roughly chopped white chocolate and 1/4 cup (60g) of room temperature whipping cream/double cream into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave it at 20 seconds intervals, stirring in between until the chocolate is smooth & creamy. Let it cool slightly.
- Take another large mixing bowl, add the slightly softened cream cheese and beat it for a minute (keep it out of the fridge for 10-15 minutes only before making the filling). Add remaining icing sugar and lemon juice, beat again until it becomes smooth and fluffy (approximately 2 minutes). Now add the white chocolate mixture into the cream cheese mixture, and beat again until fully incorporated.
- Finally, add the chilled blueberry compote (save 1 tbsp of it to mix in the filling at the end), and beat it until combined. Now gently fold the remaining 1 tbsp of blueberry compote in the filling to give the marble effect.
- Fold the chilled whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture in two additions. Fold it gently with a spatula to avoid the deflating of the filling. Spread the mixture evenly onto the cookie crust. Smooth it out with an offset spatula or bench scraper. Tap a few times on the counter, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 10-12 hours or overnight (preferably).
ADD THE TOPPING
- To make Blueberry White Chocolate ganache, place roughly chopped white chocolate and room temperature double cream/heavy cream into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave it at 20 seconds intervals, stirring in between until the chocolate is smooth & creamy. Now add in the freeze-dried blueberry powder and a small drop of red food gel colour to get the beautiful purple colour, mix well with a spoon and pour over the cheesecake, using a piping bag, pop in the freezer for 20-30 minutes to set the top.
- Decorate with Fresh blueberries and white chocolate curls or shavings (store-bought or use a potato peeler to make curls from a chocolate bar at home).
- Cut into pieces using a sharp knife. Enjoy!