Kitchen Sink Banana Bread
This banana bread is loaded with a little bit of everything! You’ve got chocolate chips, fudge chunks, pretzels, potato crisps, walnuts and dried cranberries! A delicious bread with both sweet and savoury elements.
1 hour 5 minutes.
1 hour 25 minutes
FOR BANANA BREAD
- 1 1/2 cup (350 g) Mashed ripe Bananas (4 medium or 3 large)
- 2 eggs (UK medium-sized)(weight without shell = 117g)
- 141 g (1/2 cup + 2 tbsp) Unsalted butter, melted
- 260 g (2 cups) Plain flour/all-purpose flour
- 100 g (1/2 cup) White granulated sugar
- 100 g (1/2 cup) light brown sugar
- 80 g (1/3 cup) Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (20 g) mini Pretzels, crushed
- 1/4 cup fudge chunks
- 1/3 cup (70 g) dark + milk Chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup (25 g) potato crisps, smashed
- 1/4 cup (30 g) dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup (45 g) walnuts, roughly chopped
FOR CHOCOLATE GLAZE (ganache)
- 1/3 cup (70 g) milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup (58 g) double cream/heavy cream
- Few mix-ins to decorate banana bread on top
MAKE BANANA BREAD
- Preheat the Fan oven to 155C/311F (For a conventional oven: 175C/347F).
- Prepare a 9x5 inch loaf pan with baking paper/parchment paper leaving the overhangs on the larger sides of the pan for easy removal. Set aside.
- Combine plain flour (all-purpose flour), baking soda, salt and cinnamon powder in a large mixing bowl. Sift them, whisk them together and set aside.
- In a bowl, mash the ripe bananas into a pudding-like consistency with a fork, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add room temperature melted butter, white and brown sugar, and mix with a whisk until a mixture is well combined. Add in the eggs, vanilla extract, Greek yoghurt and mashed bananas then whisk them together until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined (don’t over-mix).
- Fold in the Chocolate chips, fudge chunks, pretzels, potato crisps (smashed), roughly chopped walnuts and dried cranberries. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, spread it evenly and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs.
- Let it cool for 15-20 minutes before removing it from the pan. Remove from the loaf pan using overhang baking paper. Let it cool completely before glazing.
MAKE CHOCOLATE GLAZE (Ganache)
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and double cream.
- Microwave it at 20-second intervals, stirring in between until the chocolate is smooth & creamy. Let it cool slightly. Drizzle this chocolate glaze on top of banana bread.
- Decorate with a few mini pretzels, potato crisps, chopped walnuts, chocolate chips and dried cranberries. You can add more things if you like.
- Pop in the fridge to set the glaze for about 15-20 minutes before slicing.
- Use a sharp serrated knife to cut the bread into slices.